Thursday, March 31, 2011

Here we go again.

I gained 10 + lbs. in a little more than a week. That means I had to injest 35,000 calories to gain that much weight! Which I didn't. One week later I lost it all. What caused such a gain? Water weight. My legs looked like balloons. Yes, I did make an appointment to see my dr, but that isn't until Monday.

Yes, I am very frustrated. Yes, I did cry a bit, okay, I cried a lot. I finally pulled myself together and meditated on what happened. I *know* I didn't eat that much food. I know I have been working hard to lose weight and get healthy. SO, what can I do different? I have already eliminated soda and most sugars from my diet, except for my morning coffee I don't drink caffinated beverages. (I gotta have my morning coffee!) I made the decision to start my supplements again and start drinking a protien shake for breakfast instead of a granola bar.

So far, so good. Granted it doesn't taste fantastic, but it is drinkable. It gives me sustained energy for the morining and I can last until 12:30 or 1:00 before I have to eat again. I also have more energy to excersise. Today I was able to go for a walk up the hill and back down again. It was a simple 5 minute walk, but it was quite an accomplishment for me.

I don't reccomend this for everyone, but it seems to be working for me. We will see what the results are on Monday when I go in to be weighed.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Misty! Sounds like you are doing great! What kind of protein shake are you drinking? The ones I've tried don't last as long as yours...and 5 minutes to walk is better than zero minutes! Hang in there..I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete