Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Progress

I went in for my weight check yesterday and I am down to 410.8 lbs. That is quite an improvement over what I started out with. I won't lie, it has been really hard.
I suppose it isn't supposed to be easy. The easy part was putting on the weight, now I really have to work for it to get it off.

I have set small goals for myself, I want to get down to 400 lbs. by June. That is 10 lbs in 4 months. If I can't do that, then I am in real trouble. :)

So, what have I been doing to keep the weight off and continue to lose more weight? Good question. I have been drinking a lot of water and milk. Yes, 2% milk, but I *hate* skim milk. I have been counting calories. That seems to work for me very well vs. the low fat, low carb, low taste options. I use this little book called "The Calorie King Calorie, fat & carbohydrate counter". I use it to count calories for eating out. I must tell you it has helped me quite a bit. Fast food has a ton of calories in it. Understanding what is safe to eat at a fast food place has made my life so much easier. (We eat a lot of fast food for lunch at work) I have also discovered that fiber is very good. Yes, the whole grain hype isn't just hype. It really works! It cleans out your system and makes you feel really good!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your loss!

    I think its great how you're working so hard to take control of your body! I continually wish you all the strength and encouragement you need.

    Keep it up! (or maybe down, eh? lol)

    Lotsa love from your cuz, Lu Ann

    ReplyDelete